World

Over 300 foreigners safely evacuated from Mexico's Acapulco after Hurricane Otis

Nov 01, 2023

Mexico City [Mexico], November 1: A total of 305 previously unaccounted foreigners were successfully located and evacuated from Mexico's resort city of Acapulco which was hit hard by Hurricane Otis, Mexican authorities said on Tuesday.
The people had been sought upon the request of their respective countries of origin and their diplomatic representatives in Mexico, said the Mexican Ministry of Foreign Affairs in a statement.
"Belize, Croatia, the United Kingdom and Uruguay join the group of countries whose nationals have been found, along with Germany, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Spain, Japan, Peru and Switzerland," it explained.
Otis, a category 5 hurricane, struck the Pacific coast of the Mexican state of Guerrero last Wednesday, causing serious damage mainly in Acapulco, one of Mexico's main tourist destinations, as well as in other coastal towns in the state.
Source: Xinhua

More news

Synechron Launches Cybersecurity AI Accelerators, Strengthening Enterprise Security

Pune (Maharashtra) [India], April 3: Synechron, a leading global digital transformation consulting firm, today announced the launch of Synechron CyberAI accelerators program. This suite of four AI-driven solutions enhances enterprise security, streamlines compliance, and reduces risk exposure through automation and intelligence.

Apr 03, 2025